Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ebola S'il Vous Plait

I am still pretty exhausted after my ketchup rant from yesterday so I'll attempt to keep this "K-Money brief". I will let you in on a little secret of mine. I really do read books...I know, I know - fucking shocking. In fact I finally finished a book I bought roughly 8 years ago. Look, I have a very limited array of subject matter that can hold my interest for 200-300 pages. The main one being books dealing with Viral Hemmhoragic Fevers, specifically you may know them as Lassa, Marburg, and Ebola. Say it with me, Lassa and Marburg and Ebola OH MY!!

I am genuinely fascinated by diseases with a mortality rate of 90% (not exclusively for this reason but it piques my curiosity nonetheless). I can be a cruel, heartless bastard at times so that is why when you hear about some Ebola outbreak over in Bongo Dongo, Africa I stand at attention craving the latest updates of the "horror". I am all about the depopulation of this crowded planet and few things are as efficient at this goal than Ebola. Plus you gotta love a disease that is so lethal, so virulent, so quick, and so very untreatable.

Of course the gory symptoms of Ebola take the cake. Imagine, if you will, severe dehydration, delirium, sunken eyeballs, vomiting blood over and over, and when the end comes bleeding out of every orifice including your eyes, ears, nose, and asshole (thus the hemmhoragic part of the virus). Now don't get me wrong, I'm not too keen on having this destructive little virus anywhere near my friends, family, or myself, but do you really believe Mississippi, Arkansas, and Alabama are really necessary anymore? The fewer red states the better. Or better yet, maybe just isolating Ebola to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington D.C.

Just a thought.

1 comment:

Bobulah said...

i'm right there with you buddy. in fact, i'm going to expand upon your post on my blog. check it out. sorry for stealing!